For media requests regarding Barbed Wire Butterflies, or to request a Media Kit or review copy, you may contact Winter Goose Publishing at: info(at)wintergoosepublishing.com.
I am currently scheduling book signings and speaking engagements. If you would like to set up a speaking engagement, have any questions regarding my advocacy, or just want to connect, head over to my CONNECT page.
Hardback ISBN: 978-0-9881845-7-2
Paperback ISBN: 978-0-9881845-8-9
Library of Congress Control Number: 2012955022
Paperback available on March 6, 2013 with pre-sales beginning on February 20, 2013
Published by Winter Goose Publishing
- Feature in The Possibility Place magazine
- Guest on The Michael Dresser Radio Show
- Interview at The Justice Rogues
- Feature and interview at The Underground Magazine
- Guest Post over at The Writing Desk
- Feature at Confessions of a Laundry Goddess
- Two inspired poems by the talented Laurie Kolp: Immaterial and Freedom Taken
- Featured and writing prompt on Free Write Friday on Kellie Elmor’s Blog.
- Featured at Shadowleaves
- Featured at the New World Creative Union
- A write-up on the Huffington Post
- A lovely note from the wonderful BWB wire worker (creater of our merch), Divine Hammer.
- Appeared on the Tony Stiles Radio Show
- A first look and review by author and Huffpost blogger, John Malik
- A blog post by author Genny Heikka about BWB Merchandise and advocacy with CWW
- Listed under Fiction on the New & Noteworthy Books on Newpages
- Appeared on Davis Radio Station KDRT 95.7 FM
- Included in Read a Book, Make a Difference
- Mention over at Pubmission
- Barbed-Wire Butterflies Announcement Press Release
Praise for Barbed Wire Butterflies:
“Barbed-Wire Butterflies is a gritty tale of a most unlikely heroine and her struggle against greed, corruption and indifference.” – John Malik, Huffington Post
“Jessica Kristie has done an excellent job of balancing the horror of trafficking with the hope of survival and restoration.”- Genny Heikka, Author and Courage Worldwide Director of Communications
“Barbed-Wire Butterflies is a powerful book about a sobering subject. Jessica Kristie helps you wrap your head around the horrors of human trafficking while drawing you into her characters and causing you to feel their pain, confusion and hopelessness. The humanity in all of us should be outraged by this subject. Just as Elani fights back and will not accept her fate within the confines of her barbed wire world, we should not give up on the war against trafficking. Each of us should feel personally responsible to help end this worldwide atrocity.” – Kathryn Mattingly, President of Editorial Management for Possibility Publishing