In 2011, I began my journey into the fight against human trafficking. I’ve since written a fictional account entitled Barbed-Wire Butterflies as a way to continue the conversation. I continue my work through educating others and advocating against all forms of trafficking.
In 2013, I expanded my advocacy to work with grassroots issues that directly correlate to human trafficking and our most vulnerable populations. I worked with the homeless and those with addictions within my local area while also coordinating with community members to help improve and change the mental health system.
As of 2016, I devote my time to an all inclusive space that promotes healing, empowerment, and grace. Here I offer Soulshift Mentoring and courses that inspire you to be your best self. You can find out more at Soulshift Seven.
More on Human Trafficking:
To report a potential case of human trafficking in the U.S., please call the U.S. Department of Justice trafficking hotline at 1-888-428-7581, or the CAST twenty-four hour hotline at:
24 hours a day, seven days a week, victims or people with knowledge of a trafficking situation can now text “BeFree” (233733), and NHTRC call specialists will respond via text to address each individual’s needs.
My movements, destination, thoughts and choices are all my own. I am not caged or left voiceless… that is my freedom. – Jessica Kristie
What is your freedom and how can you help give it back to those that it has been stolen from?
There are an estimated 29.8 million slaves in the world today. An estimated 4.5 million of these are sex trafficking victims worldwide and 98% of sex trafficking victims are women and girls. Modern day slavery is all too real. Educate yourself and your children. Education is one step closer to prevention.
100% of my author print royalties and a percentage of digital copies and other selected Barbed-Wire Butterflies associated merchandise will go to fighting human trafficking.
- Courage Worldwide, courageworldwide.org—Changing the World One Individual at a Time
- Don’t Sell Bodies, dontsellbodies.org – Non-Profit
- International Labor Rights Forum, laborrights.org—Building A Just World For Workers
- Anti-Slavery, antislavery.org —Today’s Fight for Tomorrow’s Freedom
- Free the Slaves, freetheslaves.net—Dedicated to Ending Slavery Worldwide
- International Justice Mission, ijm.org—International Justice Mission is a human rights agency that brings rescue to victims of slavery, sexual exploitation and other forms of violent oppression
- ECPAT International, ecpat.net—A global network of organizations and individuals working together for the elimination of child prostitution, child pornography and the trafficking of children for sexual purposes
- Not For Sale, notforsalecampaign.org—creating tools that engage business, government, and grassroots in order to incubate and grow social enterprises to benefit enslaved and vulnerable communities
- Polaris Project, polarisproject.org—For A World Without Slavery
- The CNN Freedom Project, thecnnfreedomproject.blogs.cnn.com—Ending Modern Day Slavery
- California Against Slavery, californiaagainstslavery.org—It’s Time for Justice
- WEAVE, inc., weaveinc.org—Provides crisis intervention services to women, men and children in Sacramento County who have experienced domestic violence or have been sexually assaulted
- Run for Courage, runforcourage.com—The Race to End Sex Trafficking
- Somaly Mam Foundation, somaly.org—Envisioning a world where women and children are safe from slavery
- Red Thread Movement, redthreadmovement.org—End Human Trafficking. Combat Modern slavery.